This Summer Excite Your Taste Buds with Double Chocolate Layer Mixed Berry Cake- the special fruit recipe.
There is a plethora of options of eating a cake. A cake is a major focus of any celebration and what’s better than summer holidays. Enjoy your holidays this season eating a delicious double chocolate cake.
This time, we will give you the special recipe that can satisfy your sweet tooth.
Most of the times, we used fruits to make phenomenal juice for multiple purposes like weight loss, prevention of heart diseases, fever reduction, etc.
A double chocolate cake contains of thick layer of chocolate ganache and a layer of mixed berry filling (cherries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries).
For preparing this cake you have to follow three steps. These are:
How to Make Chocolate Cake Layers for This Fruit Cake Recipe
- One and a half cup of baking powder
- ¾ cups of sifted purpose flour
- 4 large eggs (room temperature)
- ¼ of cocoa powder
- ½ tablespoon of bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted melted butter
Along with these ingredients, you need the following things:
- Round Cake Pans
- Aluminum foil and non-stick baking spray
- Cake Strips are Optional
How to prepare
1. Put the eggs in a small bowl of mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. Add on a pinch of salt. Turn on the mixer and begin whipping them.
2. When the eggs become a little foamy, without stopping the mixer, slowly begin to pour sugar into the eggs.
3. Continue to whip the sugar and eggs for about 10 minutes till the mixture becomes pale yellow and considerably get increased in the volume. Avoid whipping the egg mixture for long enough as this will yield a dense cake.
4. Combine the sifted flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, and bicarbonate of soda in a small bowl. Correctly sift everything together.
5. Add one half of the flour mixture into the egg mixture and carefully fold the dry ingredients till no streaks are seen in the mixture.
6. Add on the remaining half of the flour mixture and keep on folding till the time no streaks of flours are seen. Avoid overmixing or otherwise, the cake will become dense.
7. Now, add 2 tablespoons of the melted butter.
8. Continue the folding part very carefully till the time all the butter is merged.
9. For the easy cleanup and removing the cake, line up the baking pan with spray and foil with non-stick spray. Instead, you can cut out a paper parchment circle for placing at the bottom of the pan too. Purchasing the pre-cut parchment circles is a good idea.
10. Pour the batter into the smeared and lined baking pan. Shake the pan in a circular motion forth and back for sometimes to even out the batter.
11. If you want to use cake strip, wet it and fasten it around the bottom of cake pan. This will assure that your cake will appear to be unsightly dome that you want to level off before assembling the cake.
12. Bake the cake in a preheated 350°F oven, on the middle rack for about 25 minutes. Avoid opening the door of oven not less than 15 minutes into the process of baking. Shut the door of oven slowly.
13. Once the cake is baked, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool down in the pan for 5 minutes before removing it.
14. Remove out the cake from the pan place it straight onto the cooling rack or seize onto the corners of the parchment paper; however, peel of the parchment paper or foil and enable to completely cool before using it in the cake.
15. Now, split the cake into two even layers.
Let's make Chocolate Ganache for this Fruit Cake
When you are all done with a cake, prepare Ganache for coating the cake. The chocolate ganache, when poured over the baked cake, is mouthwatering. This is very easy to prepare.
The chocolate ganache recipe requires only two ingredients and these are:
- Ten ounces of dark chocolate chips
- One cup of heavy cream
How To Prepare It
- Pour the heavy cream in a pan and place it on the stove to simmer. And stir continuously.
- When the cream begins to simmer, turn off the gas.
- Put the chocolate chips in the pan which contains the cream and start stirring till the choco chips get melted.
- Cover the mixture with a lid and let it set for a couple of minutes and then stir again to assure that everything is perfectly mixed.
- Your yummy chocolate ganache is ready.
Some Whipped Cream, Shall We?
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream – Cold
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- Place the whipping mixer bowl in the freezer for 20 to 25 minutes to chill.
- Pour the vanilla essence, heavy whipped cream, and sugar into a cold bowl. Whisk them on a high speed till stiff peaks starts to form.
- Make sure not to over beat the mixture.
As the chocolate cake layer, chocolate ganache and whipped cream is all ready, it’s the time for the final step – to get delicious double chocolate layer cake ready.
- Place one layer of chocolate cake on the wired rack.
- Gently spread the whipped cream over the layer.
- Now add a layer of berries of your choice above the whipped cream. If you are using cherries make sure to remove the seed.
- Place the other layer of chocolate cake above the berries.
- Pour the chocolate ganache over the cake.
- Finally, top the cake with some berries of your choice.
Your double chocolate layer cake mixed berry cake is all set to serve. I’m sure you will love this. This cake might be pretty tempting & one of the best gifts for the chocolate lovers. Share your comments after eating this delicious cake.